Friday, January 2, 2015

Organizational Thursdays: Seed Storage Notebook

     Being a homeschooling, homesteading mama can be both exciting and exhausting. For every task that I complete, there seems to be 10 more that need to be done. Over the past two years, I have learned to take things in stride and to not sweat the small stuff. With that being said, I've decided that in 2015, I would focus on one thing each day, rather than trying to juggle multiple things while also homeschooling my children. I've dedicated various tasks to different days of the week. On Thursdays, I will pick one thing that needs to be organized.

     This week, I decided to find a better way to organize and store our seeds. I'm ashamed to say, that for someone who loves to grow fruits and vegetables, my seed storage has been anything but admirable. I've tried several different ideas that turned out to be disastrous. They were once housed in coupon envelopes, all in alphabetical order. The problem was that when we took them out to plant, someone always seemed to knock the envelop over and the contents never managed to stay in order. We also attempted to store them in mini crates with dividers.  The varying envelope sizes made that a little difficult as well. Well, I am happy to announce that we finally settled on a storage idea that works for us. Behold, the seed storage notebook!




I found this gorgeous 1 1/2 inch binder and it reminded me of spring. Perfect for storing all of our organic seeds. 


I picked up dividers for alphabetical organization. Seeds were stored by their type. For example, jalapeno peppers were stored behind the tab for the letter P as peppers, jalapeno.


 I picked up a few packs of business card protectors and some baseball card protectors. They worked great! The baseball card protectors were used for the larger seed packets. Both allow for clear visibility of the seeds.

The seeds are all stored in individual bags that can easily be removed and placed back into the binder. Best part, the binder can sit comfortably on one of our bookshelves! I am very pleased with this little organizing project and I look forward to using it to plan our garden for this upcoming spring!


Peace and blessings,
D.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...