Thursday, September 24, 2015

Extra en espanol Episodes 1-8

    
Image result for extra en espanol 
Source: www.youtube.com

A few years back, I purchased Rosetta Stone Spanish for my children. It was one of the most expensive homeschool purchases I ever made but one of the most valuable. My children enjoyed the lessons and the knowledge gained more than prepared them to take their formal high school Spanish courses. My eldest child completed his first high school Spanish course in less than 14 weeks with an A average. Since then, all 4 have completed their first year of Spanish and 2 are half way through their Spanish 2 courses. All scoring A's in their courses. I truly believe that Rosetta Stone provided them with a very good foundation, but my goal is to ensure that all four of my children are fluent in Spanish.

   In order to assist them with the fluency in Spanish, we will be watching a series of videos titled "Extra en espanol." The videos are all about 24 minutes long and are great learning tools. I was able to locate transcripts for each episode, written in Spanish. My children will be translating them into English. In searching for resources, I was also able to locate a few valuable sites as well as some awesome worksheets on Teachers Pay Teachers/. 

     Below you will find links to my lesson plans, curriculum list, videos and worksheets that I've chosen for the next 8 weeks. I've included these links, not only to share the resources, but to also provide an example of how you can create your own lesson plans using a variety of resources. These documents are also things that we would include in our required portfolios. I hope these documents and this post will help to not only improve your Spanish learning activities, but also empower and inspire you to create more awesome lessons of your own!



Episode 1 


Free worksheet adapted from: Celebrate Languages Episode 1

Episode 2



 
Episode 3



Episode 4


 
Episode 5


 
Episode 6



Episode 7


Episode 8


Free worksheet: Extra Episode 8 by: David LaBoone

Peace and blessings,
D.T.

 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Wonderful resources. Do you have activities for the rest of the episodes?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...