Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days when it seems like nothing can go right?  Well today has certainly been one of those days for me.  I awoke later than usual this morning and found the living room in complete disarray.  This is partly do to the leaking air conditioning unit that my hubby had to work on last night, but that's another story! After taking a deep breath, I began the mad dash to tidy up the room while getting the kids up for school and the hubby out of the door for work.

We manage to get it together for class in the morning and I begin thinking that it's going to be okay.  And then it starts.  The children are not particularly feeling the whole school thing today.  One is procrastinating and another is sulking.  The phone is ringing and ringing.  I try to be polite, letting everyone know, "We're in the middle of class."  It doesn't help, they still keep calling.  In the middle of the day, There's a knock at the door and my sweet grandmother has come over for a short visit.  By then, I knew it.  The school day was over.  The reality is it was over before it even started.  Today was one of those days that we should have just taken a break, but I failed to recognize it.

Always learning,
Dorcus



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...